Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Get'n Fixed Up




You know I have this injury on my left hind foot. It was hurt in the terrible accident of November 10th. Its healed over but my foot is very sensitive - all that scar tissue stuff. And the new tissue is still fragile and ouchy.

That is why I have to wear the booties. Mom got these booties at the store but whatever kind she gets me just twist and turn, flop off, and worst of all don't help me on slippery surfaces. Its a real dilemma when you are a go-everywhere, do-everything guy like me!

EXCITING NEWS: The Alabama Artificial Limb Company is making a special prosthetic shoe for me. They've never done a dog shoe before so I'm an experiment. And I am sooooo special!

Here are pictures from Friday when they were measuring me. I wasn't sure about all this, but they promise it won't hurt.

13 comments:

  1. Turke, that shows how very special you are!! The very first!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turke, that's fantastic! YAY to the Alabama Artificial Limb Company!! I bet that shoe will feel so good. I'm very happy for you.

    Love, Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool news! I was going to suggest Therapaws because they're custom made, but it sounds like you have something really special on the way!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Custom made shoes! Do you get to pick the color?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow!!! This is very exciting - I'm glad to see more organizations offering pets a second chance like this. "See a need, fill a need!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. you ARE special turke and we are so very happish to hear you might soon not have to wowy about more ouchies

    pibble sugars and wee wiggles
    the pittie pack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! I am glad I found my way to your site. I read about you and am so happy you're going to be getting a shoe! How awesome!

    Woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Turke! We are new to your blog. Mamma has a new job so we don't post very often. We are always looking for fellow GSD's!

    Love,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just thought I'd check in and see how you're doing. So...how are you doing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are u talking about PETWOOD?
    IRONICUS. MAXIMUS has it through FBI.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS. Tim GEITNER is getting " fixed up" with " wires".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The German Shepherd Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Owners, Breeders and Lovers
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website… it’s a win win. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like. It’s free and easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The German Shepherd Community: http://www.vorts.com/german_shepherds/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete